Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Virtual Racing: All the perks with no bills


For those out there that don't have that extra cash to buy the next Kentucky Derby winner, you're in luck. There's a new and growing trend amongst horse racing fans everywhere!

It's called virtual horse racing, and I've been a fan of it ever since I joined Equination, a game that I have become pretty good at if I might say so myself. You can either join as a basic player or pay for a premium account. There are several differences between the two, mainly the amount of horses you can own as well as the ability to train multiple horses at once.

I started out as a basic stable, which then grew to two accounts. Now, I manage my own account as a premium member. I usually don't pay real money for something unless I know it's a good deal. Since I don't pay money for a lot of my other things, I used the money from a summer job to pay for my premium status (which is the basic package).

The world of virtual horse racing gives racing fans a chance to own, breed, sell, race, train, and do everything for their own virtual horses. There are cup races, which can be compared to the big races of the real world, as well as ratings that are inspired by the Beyer speed figures that are used in real life horse racing.

Even if you don't know anything about horse racing, virtual horse racing can help you to learn more about this great sport. You can also connect with other members, some of which are actual members of the sport itself through being jockeys, trainers, and owners alike. Through the message boards, you can easily see that the entire community is not only diverse but also genuinely appropriate for all ages.

So if you don't have that extra $10,000 sitting around in a bank account, join the world of virtual horse racing!

No comments: